Mommy Maven Marissa Kraxberger of Oscar De La Renta: Secrets of a Fashion Week Diaper Bag
I decided to reach out to some chic New York City moms to see what secret weapons they carry around in their under cover diaper bags to help transition from baby giggles to runway glow in seconds! Today, I am featuring Marissa Kraxberger.
Marissa Kraxberger is a mom of two, head of creative at Oscar de la Renta, an avid traveler, and obsessed with all things digital. Her blog, George & Ruby for Oscar de la Renta, highlights the whirlwind of fashion & social media and sippy cups & sesame street. Here is what she was carrying in her bag during yesterday’s Oscar de la Renta Fall 2013 Ready-to-Wear show during New York Fashion Week.
Secrets of a Fashion Week Diaper Bag from Marissa
5 beauty essentials:
- Vapour Organic Aura Multi-Use Blush
- Bobbi Brown Corrector – I wear this everyday–my wakeup call for tired eyes
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer – my go to for years… plus it has SPF. Even if I am going sans makeup, I wear this!
- Aquaphor: for me AND for the babies. Great for lips, dry skin, etc. (new mom’s know it the answer to every question at the doctor’s office–”just put Aquaphor on it!”)
- Klorane Dry Shampoo – I don’t know how I ever lived without this. Who has time to wash their hair!
- plum organic or happy baby fruit pouches (the kids call them “squeezes”) – total lifesavers!
- Iphone/apptivity case – don’t judge! all you on-the-go mamas know this can be a lifesaver. I load it up with educational apps and kids shows and they are entertained in a pinch!
- Stickers – for some reason stickers can be the ultimate form of entertainment.
- Box of Raisins – Sounds silly, but they are a snack that takes awhile to eat so they kind of keep them entertained, and they get to hold the box themselves.
Tricks for looking chic-on-the-go:
- A piece or two of great statement jewelry–makes any look come to life. I keep my go-tos in a dish on my dresser for grab and go access
- I think a little eye make up goes a long way.. I never leave the house without a streak of eye-liner to make my eyes look awake and ready–I like the 24 hr waterproof kind so I don’t need to reapply.
- Nothing like a colorful scarf to dress up a casual on the go look (it can also cover sticky handprints from the little ones).
- Find an everyday heel that you can walk a mile in. I love rag and bone for their chunky yet comfortable boots. Gives you a little height without the pain…
- Buy a great coat–I love my Burberry Trench–that I can wear everyday and look effortless
Notes on the Bag:
- I like bags that are big enough for the essentials, but not too big that it is hard to find things.
- I love organizational pouches (truffle makes some cute ones) in my bags to keep things contained and it makes it easier when you are switching out your bag a lot…
- If I go out with the kids during the day or on the weekend I normally just add in a couple diapers, travel sized wipes and emergency pacifiers
- The bag featured is the Oscar magazine Tote