Paging Celebrity Fitness Expert Kristin McGee: Yoga Brings the Sexy Back
Virtually every couple I know that has children has struggled with keeping the spark alive in the midst of night wakings, sleep training, sippy cup spills and toddler tantrums. We’ve all heard the usual advice – make time! have a date night! – but I’m always interested in new ways to approach the issue. I asked celebrity fitness expert Kristin McGee, aka “The Bendi Girl”, to tell us why yoga might be the answer to the problem. Get ready to roll out your yoga mats after you read this!
TEN WAYS YOGA HELPS YOU HAVE MIND BLOWING SEX!
Keep the flame alive with your partner by practicing yoga. Yoga has so many benefits and many of them include a better sex life. Here are some ways yoga can help you feel sexier and have more steamy sex with your loved one.
- Yoga helps your connect with your body—The word yoga means union. When you practice yoga, you unite your mind and your body through your breath. The more you get to know yourself, the more comfortable you are in your own skin. When you can feel connected and content, you can connect better with your partner.
- Yoga helps you stay in the moment—It’s hard to have an orgasm when you’re thinking about the laundry, your kids or the most recent episode of Modern Family. When you’re in the moment you can feel your entire body and pay attention to everything that is going on. Sensations will rise up in your body and you’ll be able to let go and experience them fully. You’ll also be able to concentrate on your partner and fully engage in the whole process from start to finish.
- Yoga increases your flexibility—It’s definitely beneficial to have some flexibility in the bedroom. If you can get in to different positions and experiment while making love, it can be more enjoyable. Also, having a flexible attitude helps. Sex is like yoga, in that it’s never the same each time. Be open to new experiences and you might surprise yourself.
- Yoga gives you strength—Sex is a workout! You need to have strong muscles in order to really get busy in the sack. In yoga class you hold yourself in various positions using your own body weight. This is super beneficial when it comes to holding yourself in positions while making love. Yoga also strengthens the pelvic floor muscles. You practice mula bandha, or root lock, throughout class; which is like doing a kegel for the entire practice. A strong pelvic floor can lead to stronger, deeper orgasms.
- Yoga increases blood flow—Yoga increases your circulation and brings blood flow to the entire body. You practice inversions, hip openers, standing postures, seated postures, arm balances and twists in a yoga practice. The more blood flow to your nether regions, the easier it will be to have great orgasms.
- Yoga makes you aware of your breathing—How many times have you been in the middle of the act and realized you’re holding your breath? Yoga makes you aware of your breathing and the deeper you breath, the more oxygen you bring in to your lungs. Breathing is a key factor in having greatsex and awesome orgasms. When you hold your breath, you cut off the flow of energy throughout your body and decrease your circulation.
- Yoga eliminates insecurities—Yoga really helps you appreciate your entire body. In yoga class you get to know every aspect of your self and you learn to love your body inside and out. You’ll see all shapes and sizes in yoga class and you’ll learn to let go of things that hold you back. Yoga will also teach you to appreciate your body for what it can do for you, not how it looks in it’s skinny jeans.
- Yoga gives you stamina—Many yoga classes link the breath to the movement and can move at a moderate pace. Yoga is much like swimming on land. You’ll build stamina, which is crucial in the bedroom so you can have the energy to power through an intense love making session.
- Yoga gives you confidence and courage—When you learn to go upside down in a headstand or balance your entire body on your arms in crow pose, it gives you a ton of confidence. It takes a lot of courage to be able to challenge yourself in precarious postures. It also takes a lot of courage to be open and vulnerable with your partner. Keep practicing yoga and you’ll have the confidence of a rock star in the bedroom. Even better, take some partner yoga classes together and notice how much it can make a difference in the connection and courage you have around each other to be honest and daring.
- Yoga helps you relax—Most importantly, yoga teaches us to fully let go. At the end every yoga class you take final relaxation where you let your entire body melt in to the floor. You will surrender completely and feel fully at ease. This is the state we want to achieve when we make love. Yoga will help you learn to let go and relax in to a natural state of total bliss in the bedroom.